Ingredients for Stuffed Côtes Recipe
- 3 kilograms of lamb chops
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 pieces of onions
- 1/2 cup stuffed peanuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon pepper paste
- 3 cups of rice
- 2 teaspoons chilli
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 handful of finely chopped dill
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
For the sauce:
- 2 cuillères à soupe d’huile d’olive
- 1 cuillère à soupe de pâte de tomate
- 1 cuillère à café de miel
- 1 cuillère à café de jus de grenade
- 1 verre d’eau
You can ask your butcher to prepare the lamb chops appropriately for stuffing. It will be easier if your butcher prepares the pocket on the top of the coast, which must be filled with rice. It will also be less fat if you can get the ribs of a lamb.
Recipe suggestion for stuffed ribs
After the cooking time, open the top of the ribs again in the oven so that they are golden brown.
How to make the rib stuffing recipe?
- To prepare the rice, take the rice in a deep dish and soak in salty warm water and leave it to rise for at least 15 minutes.
- Put the bird grapes in a bowl full of water.
- While the rice is swelling, take 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan and add the finely chopped onions.
- When the onions begin to pink, add the peanuts and sauté for a while.
- Then add finely chopped garlic. Add pepper and tomato paste, add water close to a glass and make the mixture identical. Then add the rice you have washed and roast for a while.Add about ½ cup more water and mix well. Then you can start adding spices.
- Add allspice, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt, black pepper and filtered grapes and mix well.
- Add ½ cup more water and add 1 tablespoon of butter and mix until the butter melts and your mixture becomes identical. So you get a half-cooked rice. Close the bottom of the saucepan.
- After closing the pot, add finely chopped parsley and dill to the rice and mix well. Your inner rice is ready.
- Take the lamb rib, if your butcher has not prepared a pocket for filling the rib, you can prepare it yourself; With a very sharp and pointed blade, open a pocket by keeping your knife parallel to the ribs and slowly cutting to separate the upper skin of the rib from the ribs.
- Expand this pocket along the entire rib using your fist. Thus, you will get a space between the ribs and the upper skin where you can fill the inner rice.
- Fill half of the cooked rice with the help of a spoon and close the mouth with a needle thread. So when the stuffed ribs are cooked, the rice grains that will be cooked and grown inside will not be able to come out.
- Take the stuffed ribs on a very large baking tray, fill the tray with enough water to cover the tray and seal the tray so that it is airtight with aluminum foil. So the stuffed ribs will be cooked slowly with the steam of water.
- Put it in the oven you have already heated to 225 degrees and allow to cook for about 2.5 hours.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce for the above. In a pan, add the tomato paste and water to the heated olive oil and mix well. Then add honey, pomegranate juice and red pepper powder and prepare your sauce.
- Cook the remaining half of the inner rice, half of which has been filled into the rib, until it is drained with the addition of approximately 1.5 cups of hot water.
- After 2.5 hours, remove the rib filler from the oven and open the aluminum foil. Spread the sauce on the ribs and bake them for about 15-20 minutes.
- When the stuffed ribs are red and the skin is crispy, it means you’re cooked. Remove from oven and place on a serving tray.
- Decorate the remaining portions of the tray by adding the cooked rice. Serve hot.
Service Proposal of Stuffed Rib Recipe
- You can have a salad with plenty of green and lemon. Thus, the density left on your palate will be balanced with the support of lemon.