The chemical-free clay mask that can cause any side effects is a suitable and effective mask compared to cosmetic products for those who want to have healthy skin. If the clay mask is applied regularly, it is possible for the skin to regain its natural beauty in a short time.
Clay is a kind of soil used for centuries as a source of health and beauty. Thanks to its natural minerals such as iron, aluminum, magnesium, calcium, silicon and zinc, it has many benefits especially on the skin. This wide range of nutritional values makes the clay mask ideal for the solution of many skin problems.
TYPES OF CLAY MASK
There are many types of clay mask with colors such as white, green, yellow, pink and red. If the choice for mask application is made according to the needs of the skin, the benefits of the clay mask can be more positively reflected on the skin.
- White clay mask: White clay mask, which is a natural solution for the skin, is recommended for those who are considering applying clay mask for acne.
- Green clay mask: Recommended for those with oily skin who struggle with blackheads. Drying of the green clay mask without cracking on the skin is important for benefit.
- Blue clay mask: The answer to the question of what does the blue clay mask do is quite clear. The blue clay mask, which provides rapid healing of skin cells, helps to get rid of sunspots, acne and stubborn scars. On the other hand, it is also recommended for those who want to open skin tone.
- Yellow clay mask: The yellow clay mask, which can be easily obtained from herbal, repairs the skin’s structure. It removes all dirt and germs that block the pores on the skin. The effect is fast. It is recommended to use white and green clay masks firstly on skin problems and to apply yellow clay mask after the problems are solved.
- Pink clay mask: Helps reduce skin redness An ideal mask for those who want their skin to look vibrant and youthful. Not recommended for sensitive skin only.
- Red clay mask: Recommended for those with dry skin prone to eczema. Quickly eliminates skin flaking and itching problems Like most moisturizing masks, it does not lubricate the skin. Reduces dryness by adjusting the skin’s oil balance in a controlled manner. It is recommended to apply once a month.
CLAY MASK RECIPES
After selecting a suitable mask for your skin structure, you can find answers to questions such as how to make a clay mask and apply it to the skin in the following recipes.
1. Clay mask to soothe the skin
If you have skin worn by the sun and irritated by acne, you can apply this mask. The materials you need; 1 tablespoon of white clay, half a tablespoon of powdered oatmeal, half a cup of chamomile tea. This clay mask uses chamomile tea instead of water, so chill the chamomile tea after brewing.
Take the specified amount of oats and clay into a non-metal bowl and slowly add the chamomile tea and mix. After the mixture is creamy, apply the mask to your face and clean your face after 10 minutes.
2. Clay mask against pimples
You can use white clay for this mask. If you have dry skin, you should never use red clay. The materials you need; 4-5 drops of tea tree oil, 4-5 drops of fresh lemon juice and 3 teaspoons of plain yogurt.
Mix the ingredients in a non-metallic container by gradually adding water. Apply the mask to the consistency of cream on your face and clean with warm water after 10 minutes. You can feed your skin by adding honey to the mask.
3. Clay mask for oily skin
It is especially recommended to use red clay for this mask. The materials you need; Half a lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of apple juice, 1 teaspoon of vaseline, 1 teaspoon of orange juice, 1 tablespoon of red clay.
Mix the ingredients in a non-metallic container by gradually adding water. Apply the mask to the consistency of cream on your face and clean with warm water after 10 minutes. If you have difficulty finding red clay, you can use white clay instead of red clay.
4. Clay mask for black spots
It is ideal to use green clay to combat black dots. The materials you need for this mask are; 1 teaspoon of chamomile juice and 1 teaspoon of green clay.
Mix clay and chamomile juice and apply to your skin. After 10 minutes, clean your skin. If you have a sensitive skin, keep the waiting time less than 10 minutes and wash your face as soon as the mask dries. It is not recommended to apply this mask more than once a week.
5.Vitalizing clay mask
This mask uses clay and rice together to make your face look vivid and healthy.
1 teaspoon of rice without contacting the metal and grind into flour. 2 tablespoons of water, half teaspoon of moisturizing cream, 1 teaspoon of corn flour and 1 teaspoon of clay with ground rice mix. Apply the mixture to your skin and wait 10 minutes and wash your face. It is not recommended to apply this mask more than once a week.
WHAT TO DO ATTENTION TO PREPARE A CLAY MASK
To maximize the benefits of clay to the skin, you should choose the mask that best suits you, depending on your skin type and the problem you want to treat. Clay is a highly effective substance, so there are factors that need to be taken into consideration when applying it, so that it does not cause harm instead of benefit.
- When preparing a clay mask at home, add water to the bushel gradually.
- Adding water in a controlled manner is important for the consistency you will get.
- Due to the presence of chlorine in tap water, be sure to use drinking water.
- Use a wooden spoon when preparing the mask.
- The contact of metal objects with clay can disrupt the structure.
- You should wash the green clay mask before it is completely dry on your face.
- The answer to the question is how many percent of the clay mask should remain for 10-15 minutes.
- Instead of applying the clay mask to the whole face at a time, you should only apply it to problem areas.
- If you do not want your skin to dry in an undesirable way, you should apply the masks once a week.
- Red clay mask should be applied once a month.
- You should use warm water to clean the clay mask.
- Warm water makes the mask easier to remove from your face.
- Thus, you do not rub your skin unnecessary irritation.
- The clay mask is a mask that dries the skin.
- Therefore, it is recommended to use a humidifier after the mask application.